11/28/09

EXEMPLARY EXAMPLE OF SOCIETAL AWARENESS


















If you ever think about me

and if you think about me niggers
and if you aint gonna do no revolutionary act
Forget about me
I don't want myself on your mind
If you're not going to work for the people
Like we always said
If you're asked to make a commitment
At the age of twenty
and you say
I don't want to make a commitment
Only because of the simple reason i'm too young to die
I want to live a little bit longer
What you did is, you're already dead
You have to understand
That people have to pay the price for peace
If you dare to struggle you dare to win
If you dare not struggle then God damn-it you don't deserve to win
Let me say peace to you
If you're willing to fight for it
Let me say in the spirit of liberation...
I've been gone for a little while
At least my body's been gone for a little while
But i'm back now
and I believe that i'm back to stay
I believe that i'm going to do my job
and I believe that I was born not to die in a car wreck;
I don't believe that i'm going to die in a car wreck
I don't believe i'm going to die
slipping on a piece of ice;
I don't believe i'm going to die because I got a bad heart;
I don't believe i'm going to die because of lung cancer
I believe that i'm going to be able to die doing the things I was born for
I believe that i'm going to be able to die high off the people
I believe that I will be able to die as a revolutionary in the
International Revolutionary Proletarian Struggle
And I hope that each one of you will be able to die in the International Proletarian Revolutionary Struggle
Or you'll be able to live in it
and I think that struggle's going to come
Why don't you live for the people
Why don't you stuggle for the people
Why don't you die for the people

-Fred Hampton
Born Aug. 30th, 1948

No comments: